he was the horse that taught me how to ride
he was the horse that made me laugh and cry
he was a horse that put his heart into whatever he did
he was the horse that gave me courage to try the impossible
he was the horse that needed a little hug every day
he was the horse that made me into a cowgirl
he was one in a million
he was fooler
I wish everyone in the world could have had the chance to meet him. he was gaurenteed to change your life in some way. somepeople said "oh he's a thourbred he cant barrel race," or "he'll never be able to do a slidding stop" but he did it all. on the trails he enjoyed every minute. at county fair he would change from the perfect pleasure horse to the excited tence muscled gamer. and then into a reining horse. no jump was to high for him, no challenge to big. he truly was amazing.
on January 18th fooler passed on due to colic (displacement i believe) i guess i never believed that he would someday go...so it hit really hard. i thought of all the times i had with him. riding along side Cleo and Gizmo in prades or on trails. learning to jump bareback on him. winning western pleasure, galloping through the feilds, my first expierences barrel racing, it was all Fooler. his little pet peeve was bikers. during the summer tons of bikers go past our house. one morning i didnt get him in from the pasture soon enough and he hoped the fence with sapphire right behind him. somedays he would be the most reliable old gentleman in the world. but he threw in a few silly days every now and then. he was georgous, a true lady lover! i miss him a ton.
10 comments:
I'm sorry about your loss. :( May the Lord be with you.
Thats really sad!
Fooler sounds like a wonderful horse.
God bless you Koda as you deal with the loss of your horse.
I'll be praying for you.
Many hugs to you. :( I am so sorry to hear that. Love you!
Oh no oh no oh no...I'm not hearing this right, I'm not hearing this right...I am hearing this right. Koda dearest, I'm REALLY, REALLY sorry!!!! I had no idea this happened...when I saw the head line of this new post I almost went into shock...that is too terrible!!!! Oh I'm praying for you! I'm praying for you so much!! And I'm sending you giant bear hugs. More hugs! Bear hugs! That is very, very sad! It hurts all over, I know. I've heard so many good things about Fooler--he was such an awesome horse!!!! Your poem almost made me cry--cry!!
I love you my friend!!
~Lizzy the Patriot~
Oh So so sad! I am so sorry for you!
Oh So so sad! I am so sorry for you!
Awww, Koda, I'm so sorry to hear about Fooler. He was a beautiful horse, and he sounds amazing. I remember you had three horses when we visited...Sapphy, and then two big guys - one, I think, you were boarding or training, and the other...was it him?
I'm praying for you! Love you!
Oh dear, that is soo sad. But it's wonderful that you have so many happy memories with him! :)
Your in my prayers always. ~Kelsey
Koda, I am so sorry I haven't sent out your letter. I have actually written three, but none of them made it to the mailbox! I will be writing you soon.
I knew Fooler also. I'm very sad he passed on :(
Oh Koda! I'm soo sorry! I once had the privilage of meeting him, and he truly was an AMAZINGLY HANDSOME horse.
*Hugs
*Praying for you
*Crying with you
Post a Comment