Monday, October 24, 2011

Harvest

There are so many things that come to my mind when I think of harvest. I picture eating supper on a tailgait, climbing into some good quality John Deere equpiment spending hours with my dad. collecting tickets at the grain elavator (along with hot coco, and suckers) roling the tarps on and off of the grain trucks each time we made a trip to the elavator. those are just a few of the reasons why harvest is my favorite time of year! I love every bit of it!

obviously we are smack dab in the middle of my favorite season! combines are driving back and forth across feilds all day long. trucks and semi's make trips to and from the grain bins, the grain cart keeps the combine empty, and the other trucks scootin along! I tell ya, farmers dont dink around when the crops are ready... now im confronted with the question.... why do we??? are we not called by Jesus Christ to be farmers? we are told that the fields are ready to be harvested, why is that not taken seirously? once the beans, and corn are ready; farmers dont just sit around and wait another 3 months before they finally decide to go start doing something about it! we need to be ready to gather in the crop as soon as its ready. crops dont stay ripe forever. theres a window of oppertunity that opens..... then closes.

are we taking seirously the fact that people need the Lord? the crops are ready to be brought in, but nobody wants to do the work. we need to stand up and be the labourers that God needs!



Luke 10:2 Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest.


John 4:35 Say not ye, There are yet four months, and then cometh harvest? behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest.


Revelation 14:15 And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe.


Psalms 126:5-6 They that sow in tears shall reap in joy. He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him.

Ga 6:7-9 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.
And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

(btw I did take the combine pictures one evening! it was a TON of fun! perfect sky, and a perfect subject!)

5 comments:

♥Katie said...

Very good! Much enjoyed that! Nice pic's too!!♥

Melanie said...

Never thought of it that way before. Good thoughts...

*thinking*

Lizzy the Patriot said...

Say, I LOVED those combine pictures Koda, they're some of my favorites yet--yeah, you know me!! You can write good too--and how you tied in the spiritual harvest with the physical harvest is very, very good!!!! This morning I passed three combines on just our chore route. Harvest time I love too, because you get swamped with John Deere!! Ooooh yeah! Too bad it has to end though...winter is the saddest time ever.
By the way, I'm dyin' to talk to you one the phone!

~Lizzy the Patriot~

Unknown said...

<3 <3 <3

♥Sharon!!!♥ said...

Hey girl!! Just wanted to stop in and tell you love you TONS and miss you and I love your blog!! Even though I'm not on the internet much anymore, I still stop in on your blog!! And I love it!! So never stop posting!!!

Love ya!!!