Saturday, February 12, 2011


This morning i woke up, and thought "hey! today is saturday! i should have some time to do a blog post!" and i prayed that God would give me something to post about... something from his word, that meant so much to me. so i got up and went to do my devotions. iv been reading through Jeremiah... and i opened to chapter 18. the first 6 verses that i read... answered my prayer! i couldnt believe it! thank you LORD! so here it is... i hope you enjoy


!! pay close attention to this seiries of pictures. !!






Jeremiah 18:1-6 The word which came to Jeremiah from the LORD, saying,
Arise, and go down to the potter's house, and there I will cause thee to hear my words.
Then I went down to the potter's house, and, behold, he wrought a work on the wheels.
And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter:
so he made it again another vessel, as seemed good to the potter to make it.
Then the word of the LORD came to me, saying,
O house of Israel, cannot I do with you as this potter? saith the LORD.
Behold, as the clay is in the potter's hand,
so are ye in mine hand, O house of Israel.
go look at those pictures again... that first picture? ... that is MY life.. thats YOUR life before we met Christ! really were just a bunch of rubble, crumbles of dirt all scattered and broken up.
the second picture... thats when we allow Christ into our life. he takes us in his hands... and he has a plan.
the third picture? is God at work. he sets our world to spinning, he starts pushin on us... streching, forming, some of Gods forming and molding can test us to the limits, it may hurt... we may feel broken... but God is busy... at this point in the picture... we cant see what the end product is. but God works and works
and the last picture? thats the finished product!
who am I? that God would see my broken crumbled goop mess... and pick me up? who an I... that God would show his tender love in forming and molding me? who am I that God has such a beautiful design for my life? i am humbled by Gods love for me.
he Loves you to! weather you know the Lord already or not. no matter where you are in life... GOD has a plan for you... he want to make you into something beautiful. i pray that we ALL will surrender our Lives to our creator... to our potter.

Isaiah 64:8 But now, O LORD,

thou art our father; we are the clay,

and thou our potter;

and we all are the work of thy hand.

5 comments:

Sharon said...

Oh Lakota, what a beautiful post!! I LOVE it! You are so right...only by letting GOD do something with our lives can we ever become anything beautiful. He is the very reason for living! I love Him so much!!!

Kels said...

Very wonderful post Koda! I don't think I will ever endup looking like that beautiful vase though, God has a lot of work to do on me yet. But I have a willing heart to change and conform to what he wants. :)
My father is reading us a book called Christ Formed in You. It's really awesome. {It has the picture of a potter molding clay that's why I mentioned it.}
You letter is on the way. :)
Love and Hugs, ~Kelsey

Kimi Summers said...

That's very good! I enjoyed reading it and you are very talented! Thanks for sharing! It was a true blessing! :)

Anonymous said...

OH MY WORD Lakota!!!! You WON'T believe this!!! This week God caused the verse you posted in Isaiah to stick out to me, and in a REALLY good way God has shaken my world up this weekend and said, "I AM the Potter!!!! You are the clay. A lump.....you must do what I am forming you to do! Even if it is different than what you thought I was telling you to do! Listen to Me and obey!!!" I will have to tell you all about it when we talk this week! I praise the Lord He was faithful to give you this post!!!! It was a REALLY BIG encouragment to me today!!!! May His light, and love continue to shine through you!!!

Love Ya Sis!
Bekah

Lizzy The Patriot said...

This is truly a golden post, praise God! The pictures say everything in and of themselves; isn't it cool to see how God works through prayer and through our lives? I know some times it hurts...I always bock...but you see, I shouldn't. He's molding us into something perfect! Once God begins His perfect work in us, He'll COMPLETE it!!!
These posts are always SUCH a blessing!

~Lizzy the Patriot~