ok so im trying to upload a video! hopefully it works! this was taken earlier this summer. but i just got around to editing it! and decided to try to stick it on my blog! some of you may not know about Gizmo. so i'll tell yall a bit about him!
he is like the second best horse in the world! :) yes i mean it this time! lol Giz has such a HUGE heart! and hes such a big ol guy! so sweet! he has got a TON of speed, he's one of those "All go NO whoa" horses. (as you can see if you watch the video) (Gizmo is actually the horse I worked with/trained that had that huge bucking problem) which i guess makes me love him all the more! so anyway this was Gizmos first time doing pole bending! he's never even PRACTICED the pole bending pattern! can you believe it! Cleo (the lady that owns him) just does some trail riding with him, and when i have him at my house i dont have the fucilities or stuff to practice pole bending! so i just decided to give it a try! we came in a SPLIT second behind the 3rd place person! -- infact someone came up and asked me if he was being professionally trained for pole bending! and im like --- ah.. no this is the first time ever that he has done it! lol
so yep! enjoy the video! sorry it is bad quality! but oh well! :) and i was trying to clip the song, but my computer was freakin out on me and saved it with out the cliped and pasted parts of the song :] lol! ttyl!
7 comments:
Great video!!
I don't know a lot about Pole bending but from what it looks like it is basically a weave pattern right??
Thanks!
~K
yep sure is! ya run up (either side) weave inbetween the 6 poles, trun weave back inbetween and then run back. its a lot of fun, and challenging for both the horse and rider.
Thanks!
Do you know how far apart each of the poles are?
thanks for the award!!!
I sent your letter two days ago!
Country Girl - do they do pole bending/rodeo/4-H in Canada?
each pole is 21 feet apart. which doesn't seem like very much space when your running, and weaving in and out of them! lol :)
Hmmm, sounds so cool, and I really, really want to see the video. But I don't think I will be able to on our computer:( So I'll figure something else out and then tell you when I get to watch it! Anyway, great work you two, and I sure do love Gizmo!
~Lizzy the Patriot~
Post a Comment