Friday, June 12, 2009

horse show

yep today was our first real horse show!!! (under saddle) it was quite interesting! we got at the show grounds around 8:30, checked in, did all that. i saddled Sapphire up and warmed her up a bit. while i was in the warm up arena they had started the first class (english pleasure) well the first class, not 5 minutes into it, a gal got bucked off. right in front of my mom! my mom was standing right on the edge of the fence and the gal fell practically at her feet. she got hurt pretty bad. they had to call the ambulience, my mom think she busted her femer. anyway the gals horse went buckin around the arena and another gal got bucked off! (all the horses started buckin, crow hoping, and stuff while this horse was tearing around the arena. ) thankfully that got over with and the show moved on. i didnt hear any thing more on the gal that got hurt, but hopefully shes ok.

well to spoil such a beuitiful morning it started raining on us. i was completly soaked. while i was showing we had just a real steady rain. as soon as i got done and took sapphires tack off. it started down pouring. yeiks. oh well!

Sapphire did very well considering her age and that she wont pick up a left lead. she did perfect on her transitions between gaits, of course when she picked up the right lead instead of the left that kept us in the reds. but it was fun, i think Sapphire learned some stuff and i sure did! heres a few pictures! (in some of the pictures you can see the rain)



2 comments:

Sharon said...

Oh, that sounds so neat, Koda! Sounds like you both did really well! And that's great that they'll let you show in a skirt. Awesome! Keep up the good work, both of you!

Lizzy The Patriot said...

CONGRATS!!!!! You both did just wonderful!!!!! I'm real proud of you:) Man, every time I see a new picture of Sapphire, she looks bigger and bigger... and I'm not kidding! And of course too, she is just so pretty!
What an experience to show in the rain! I would love to do that...well, I suppose it really isn't helpful, but I love to be in the rain and to get wet. Whenever it rains here I ALWAYS get soaked to the bone! LOL!
And hey, nice pictures!!!!!

~Lizzy The Patriot~