Saturday, March 6, 2010

Congratulations Tanner!


Friday night (the 5th) we celebrated Tanners Graduation! (for those of you who dont know, thats my older bro!) it was an awesome evening! surrounded by so many family and friends! it was wonderful! im excited to see all that God has planed for him in his future! well, iv made up my mind not to cry and all that when he leaves next week, although when the time comes im sure i will. but to skip the sad part, im going to write down a few great memories of growing up with my awesome older bro! (these were in my speech that i gave last night for those of you who were there!, and those who wernt! - you might enjoy our funny stories!

~Fun things Tanner and I enjoyed doing! ~~
-Inventing recipes- including supper powerful clay that would stick to the side of the house and garage so that we could climb up. Unfortunately our recipe didn’t quite make perfection, whenever we tried to climb up the dried clay, it always broke. - We also spent a great deal of time formulating different varieties of mud pies, to throw at the Waverly school bus that came by at 7:30 each morning :)

- Hunting our tree line for sparrows, and bunnies who’s rotting corps we would hid in my old desk and my dads pickup.

-Combining our dads love of flying, and our mothers wonderful teaching abilities, tanner and I put both together and gave flying lessons to each and every chicken in the coop. needless to say they were never able to take off without a helpful fling into the air.

-I remember all of our fun fantastic exciting hunting trips! I didn’t exactly picture myself going out with tanner on his wild crazy excursions, but how could I resist?.... - Frog hunting at midnight?,- Coyote hunting on a Saturday morning?, - letting my imagination runaway with me at 5am, waiting for the turkeys to come, - or heading out to the cornfield with the 30-30 in hopes of getting a big buck!. I never knew what I was in for, when we went hunting with Tanner. And I never knew how long it would take to get home when tanner would pick me up from something, especially if it was at night! I'm always amazed how we can be driving along at 60mph, in the dark, and all the sudden tanner would slam on the brakes, jump out of the truck and start chasing a coon all in a matter of about 10 seconds! Let me tell you, those nights can get exciting!

these are just a few of the awesome times i have shared with my oldest bro. im looking forward to making more memories, when i get to go out and visit him on the ranch he will be working at. but for now! congratulations tanner! your an awesome bro!

2 comments:

Lizzy The Patriot said...

Awwww....I want to cry my self! tell him congratulations for me, will ya? and man, those are all such fun memories, and so funny--ha ha ha ha!!! LOL, and you actually hid rotting animal corpses in furniture and trucks?? Um Lakota, are you sure that's sane? LOL, such great memories! You do have an awesome bro! I have awesome brothers too, 'ain't we so blessed:)

~Lizzy the Patriot~

Anonymous said...

oh gosh! those are hilarious memories! sisters and brothers are the BEST. Ever.

p.s you guys look alike!